Sunday, December 12, 2010

Why I Do It For Chamique Holdsclaw



Well, I can write a whole essay on why I do this for Chamique Holdsclaw BUT I'm going to save some room for the other teammates. :)
You might call her the Jordan of the WNBA but I just call her Chamique Holdsclaw, she's her own person, she doesn't imitate or duplicate anyone Mique is Mique.  If it's anyone I want to be like...I want to be like Mique.

First and foremost if it wasn't for Chamique Holdsclaw I would not be into the WNBA as I am now because of her I became a fan of the Wnba.  I mean I would watch it before with Swoops, Tina Thompson, Teresa Weatherspoon, Lisa Leslie, Cynthia Cooper and etc but I really wouldn't pay any attention to it. When Chamique got drafted back in 1999 to the Washington Mystics that's when I became more interested into the WNBA. First time seeing Chamique play my jaw dropped and all I could do was get hyped!!! Even better when I discovered she was from New York it was a wrap!!! This woman has GAME, SWAG, STAMINA and she surely is a threat defensively and offensively.

I remember, after watching a Mystics vs Comets game, I got soooo hyped that I wanted to go out and play basketball. So I went outside to play basketball with my little sister, mind you I was "Lil Mique" and she was "Lil Swoops". Our bet was... Who ever win the game, it comes down to either Chamique being the better player or Swoops being the better player. To make a long story short, I won the game that day and my sister became so mad that we got into it. She slammed the door in my face and I tried to stop the door. When I stop the door my arm went thru the window of the door :(. So thanks to Chamique Holdsclaw I have a scar for life on my right arm. hahaha

When Chamique retired from the WNBA back in 2007. I retired with her. I was sooooo hurt when she left, OMG. The WNBA wasn't the same for me BUT when she came back and signed to ATL Dream in  2009 my joy came back! If you look up the word "greatest" in the Webster dictionary you will surely see Chamique Holdsclaw's picture right beside it! She's nothing but great...Expect Greatness from Chamique Holdsclaw. She helped build a new organization in the Atlanta Dream and she helped lead San Antonio Silver Stars to the playoffs. This women is super woman, the super woman of basketball.

I know there is alot of "fresh meat" in the WNBA that I could probably choose to represent in this movement but Chamiuqe will always and forever be an all-star in my book. It doesn't matter if she's a veteran she'll always be #1. Hey her jersey number speaks for itself. :)

Chamique Holdsclaw= PURE GREATNESS!

-CHold1_News

No comments:

Post a Comment